Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Woke up this morning and considered dropping everything and moving away

To where, I am not sure? I always wanted to go to New Orleans but it would probably be even harder to find a job out there then in New York. Perhaps Florida, which would give me a chance to build my bar-tending skills. It would definitely open up my writing topics. Just me, my wallet, my clothes, my cell, and my guitar on a bus to Florida. I think a train would be better, more comfortable than a bus, but a bus may allow for more interesting characters. Ever see a movie called It happened one night? Check it out. It's a black and white film with Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert. It's a romantic comedy, but it keeps your attention if you like a good story with laughs. They meet on a bus, then hitch-hike the rest of the way to New York because the bus leaves them. Two strangers who got to know each other and then fell in love. It's like Forces of Nature with Ben Affleck and Sandra Bullock which is a pretty good movie looking at it from exploring different personalities even though the leads were played by mediocre actors.



Money is kind of tight, and it seems it may be tight for awhile so perhaps i'll just take a year off and travel across the US. I always wanted to, and since I am in such a financial rut and may not be able to return to college i might as well!!! (hands fly in air sarcastically)

The farthest west I have ever gone was San Antonio, Texas which was just a hotter, less sky scraper filled New York. I want to see the plains of West (if there are any left) and a real cowboy. I want to face a new adversity, I'm sick of batteling commuters for train seats, students for scholarships, applicants for jobs, customers for Rewards. I want something new. I need something new. I feel so repetitive. There's got to be something to expand my horizons. I always just talk perhaps I'll do. I'll just go. I'll start making a plan tomorrow, I have the day off. I'm really excited.

You have to take big risks to get big rewards right?
Right.

word of the day:aloof: uninvolved; standing off; keeping one's distance.

sentence: Jane was very aloof at the party, because she was too shy to join the crowd.

spanish word/verb of the day:

el marco = picture frame
hacer = to take (a picture/photocopy)

No comments:

Post a Comment